[wellylug] CoyoteLinux setup

Jamie Dobbs jamie.dobbs at paradise.net.nz
Mon Oct 16 14:18:09 NZDT 2000

At 14:05 16/10/00 +1300, you wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>Success in creating the floppy, boots up nicely on my old 486. Running
>config states that the Local network is up and Internet up.
>
>Able to ping my Win98 machine and vice versa.

Cool!

>What do I do next?
>
>How do I get it to dial?

OK, on your Windows box you'll need to tell it that its accessing the
Internet via. a LAN connection and give it the Linux box's IP address as
the 'Gateway address' in the network control panel.
I assume that you created the Linux boot disk to do dial-on-demand?
If you do all of the above then as soon as the Windows box tries to access
the Internet packets will go to the Linux box, the Linux box will then go
"oh, those packets aren't for me - I better dial the Internet'. The Linux
box will then dial the Internet and you should be all go.

>Must be something on the Win 98 machine that I have to do?
>
>Any help appreciated.
>
>Cheers geoff

Hope this gives you enough information.

Cheers