[wellylug] Coyote

Richard Hector rhector at actrix.gen.nz
Sun Jul 22 13:45:11 NZST 2001

Kay and Lindsay Hunter wrote:

> Struggling to get my head around Coyote network card installation.
>
> I am trying to recycle a Pentium 75 from Acer with 40 Megs of 72 pin DRAM.
> It is all ISA.  Ahem!  The cards I have are not easily installed because I
> need the IRQ/address.
>
> Buying new ISA NIC's is an expensive option.  They cost more than PCI now.
> So what should be my strategy?  I can install the NE2000 ISA's easy enough.
> I do not know what to put as IRQ/address?

What I have done in the past (not with Coyote) is repeatedly attept to
load the module, trying one address after another until it works. It
should usually probe the IRQ OK, so I leave that out.

Getting and using the driver disk would be a better option - although I
have a 3Com card that appears to be broken; I set the details I want and
it all appears OK in the setup program, but it's all different by the
time I've rebooted into linux.

Richard

        http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/lug/