Meeting, and Windows challenge

Ken McAllister Ken.McAllister at clear.net.nz
Tue Jun 12 16:26:22 NZST 2001

258 Lyttelton Street
Spreydon, Christchurch 8002

Dear Wellylug

I am sorry I cannot come to the meeting. I should be glad
of comments and advice:

Installing Mandrake 8 on top of Red Hat 7, I have a
partition hda1 mounted as /mnt/windows
which is my previous C: drive, just under 4G. I can access
and move and read and write files, using StarOffice5 or
otherwise.

What I cannopt do is boot Windows. The DOS FDISK reports
partition 1 to be "non-DOS" and there is an end of it.
Mandrake, on the other hand, says that hda1 is of type
"hidden FAT32" and, as I said, everything appears to be
there.

Is there any way of un-hiding the Windows partition from
Windows?

Thanks in advance
Ken McAllister