[wellylug] Buying Microsoft Products....

Daniel Reurich dreurich at paradise.net.nz
Thu Nov 29 11:16:26 NZDT 2001

I have heard alot of bad stories about Microsofts latest OS release ie;
Windows XP.  I want to be sure that I have correct Information so that
when I do try to make Microsoft look as bad as they really are, I am
using fact not hear say.  Here are the rumours I have heard thus far:

        Windows XP limits your choice of Internet Service Providers to
MSN  ie; Telecoms XTRA.  (Interesting to see them getting in bed bed
with    Microsoft).  By the Way, is XTRA the only MSN service provider
in NZ?

        Windows XP is such a big resource sucker that you have to buy a
flash and fast new computer to be able to install and run it.  Microsoft
states that the computer should not be more than 2 years old, other wise
you should throw it away and buy a new one.

        Windows Media Player shipped with XP does a reallyt bad job of
playing MP3s, forcing people to use Microsofts own proprietary WMA
format.  (This will have interesting implications for the internet)

        Windows XP not only requires product activation, but has also
got a limited life built in so that after a set period you are forced to
buy an upgrade or you can't use it after that.

Have I missed anything?

Now if these rumours are true I would have feel that Microsoft are
rather unrepentant for their illegal conduct,  and have gone even
further than they previously had.  I am convinced that it must be
ethically wrong to buy stuff from a twice convicted monopolistic company
who are unrepentant and are more aggressively trying to rip people off
and then force them to continue to limit peoples options to make more
money.  It all boils down to a pair of megalomaniacs that want to take
control of the world, and are well on their way to doing that.

Interesting thought??

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!
Includes black and color ink.