[wellylug] list abuse

Jamie Dobbs jamie.dobbs at paradise.net.nz
Sun Oct 7 17:40:33 NZDT 2001

> > so stopping sending html (which is a good idea anyway) is all that's
> > required.
>
> Eactly. Changing the list-configuration to "text-only" will fix that
> very easily.

As I have said before if this was an option it would be done, I've turned
off 'allow attachments' but thats all I can ever do.

> > OTOH, in relation to my other mail about a more formal structure, a
> > subscription would enable us to do away with free services, and get what
> > we really want.
>
> I'm not so keen on these "free" services any more either. Is it chance
> that each time I posted to yahoogroups today I was spammed immediately?

Were you? I've never had a piece of spam in the entire time I've been using
yahoogroups/egroups.

> Instead of charging linux users, there is of course the
> obvious alternative of closing this list down and moving all to
> linux-request at linux.topnz.ac.nz. This list is much older, and Kevin is
> a very qualified up-with-it person to look after it. It also wouldn't
> cost linux users anything.

Perhaps you could have emailed me directly and suggested this as an option.
I hadn't though of it so I guess its not that obvious.

---

Get your FREE VeriSign guide to security solutions for your web site: encrypting transactions, securing intranets, and more!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/UnN2wB/m5_CAA/yigFAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/lug/