[wellylug] list abuse

Jeremy Naylor e_livingnz at yahoo.co.nz
Sun Oct 7 18:11:06 NZDT 2001

I do know how to send e-mail, excuse me. Ok - how big is this e-mail
message then?

At 03:04 PM 10/7/2001 +1300, you wrote:

>If the list owner is unwilling to do something about the exploding amount
>of rubbish in attachments on this list, an alternative remedy might be in
>order. At least I find it an abuse of the list to send 2 jpegs with each
>email (and then they look like a TV with the antenna plug pulled out).
>
>Until e_livingnz at yahoo.co.nz (and partially klhunter at paradise.net.nz)
>has learnt to send email, I suggest to use the folowing:
>
>:0
>* ^Subject: .*\[wellylug]
>{
>   :0
>   * > 15000
>   /dev/null
>   :0:
>   $LISTS/Linux-Wellylug-List
>}
>
>which will simply dump every email exceeding 15k to /dev/null. Some
>quick statistics show that useful email to wellylug are well below
>10k. Adjust number if needed. Anyone wishing to post big files, please
>put them online and post a URL instead.
>
>Please nobody post arguments "but this is a free yahoo service". The
>problem is not exhibited by the majority of posters on this list, nor
>any of the other dozen yahoo groups I am subscribed to.
>
>Sorry for expressing myself to the point.
>
>Volker
>
>   .-.   Wellington
>   /V\   Linux
>// \\  Users
>/(   )\ Group
>^^-^^
>
><http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/lug/>http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/lug/

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

Race is something you run, not something you hate. My race is human, My
king is Jesus.
  - Jeff Cooke.

Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yQix2C/33_CAA/yigFAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/lug/