[wellylug] Flash player

Steve Withers swithers at paradise.net.nz
Wed Apr 24 19:48:43 NZST 2002

On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 13:31, teejay1203 wrote:
> I downloaded the zip file which has :
>
> ShockwaveFlash.class
> libflashplayer.so
>
> the README file states that I should copy these files through to
> /usr/lib/netscape/plugins if I want them to be universally accepted
> or to $HOME/.netscape/plugins if I want to use them on my own user
> account.
>
> I finally managed to do so, after setting access rights
> of /usr/lib/netscape/plugins to 755, but still get a message to
> download the plugins.
>
> Is it just the fact that I am using Mozilla to surf the net?

You put then in Netscape plug-ins.....

Also...compare the Mozilla Preferences to the Netscape preferences.

Under Helper Applications in Mozilla.....it says text.

Under the comparable "Applications" in Netscape it says one heck of a
lot more than that.

You might want to check groups.google.com for discussions of helper apps
for Mozilla. It might be as simple as cutting and pasting the details
from Netscape to Mozilla. But check first!!! :-)

HOW to SEE & RECORD EVERYTHING!
TINY Camera for Under $80 BUCKS! PRICE BREAKTHROUGH --> CLICK!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/w7toOC/.o6DAA/yigFAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/