[wellylug] Paradise users--this may interest you

Wood Brent pcreso at pcreso.com
Sun Aug 25 15:16:36 NZST 2002

--- Donald Gordon <don at dis.org.nz> wrote:
> On 25 Aug 2002 13:57:09 +1200
> Damon Lynch <damon at dev-zone.org> wrote:
>
> > As you may be aware ftp://debian.paradise.net.nz holds ISOs of various
> > distros.
>
> It's also a debian mirror :-)
>
> > It is advantageous for us because downloading national traffic consumes
> > a lot less bandwidth usage than international traffic.  It may even use
> > nothing if it is just from their FTP server (I don't know).
>
> For paradise customers, AFAIK, it is free: traffic charging policies are
> listed on their website somewhere.

A copy of their high speed traffic charges here, fyi... Paradise seems to have
better BSD support than Linux, still, Mandrake, Redhat & Debian are handy to
have available :-)

Paradise traffic charges:

Paradise.net high speed plans have a variety of different traffic options,
depending on the plan you choose.

We also run a number of servers for which traffic charges do not apply to most*
high speed customers. These include files.paradise.net.nz,
news.paradise.net.nz, radio.paradise.net.nz, debian.paradise.net.nz and any of
the servers listed at gamers.paradise.

Cable Traffic is calculated depending on the location of the site the traffic
is coming from or going to. Any traffic to or from New Zealand sites (national
traffic) is charged at 1/10th of the normal traffic charge, while traffic to or
from a site outside New Zealand (international traffic) is charged at the full
traffic rate.

For example, if you used the following amounts of traffic:
International National      Free
500MB         500MB         500MB

The Equivalent amount of your 10GB plan used would be 500 + 50 + 0 = 550MB.

JetStart Traffic is calculated in the same way as Cable Traffic.

Citylink Traffic is calculated in the same way as Cable Traffic, with the
exception of traffic delivered through the Wellington Internet Exchange (WIX),
which is completely free!

JetStream Traffic is all charged at the same rate, regardless of where the
traffic is from, or the route it takes.

*JetStream customers please note: As JetStream traffic is billed directly by
Telecom, it's not possible for us to allow free traffic from any of our free servers.

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/mG3HAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/