[wellylug] NCD x-terminals?

Lorraine Offord & Tony Wills ajwills at paradise.net.nz
Sat Aug 31 08:44:55 NZST 2002

I've been using one as a 17" monitor so I figure for that use its worth
about $100 ... when looking for info I saw them advertised in the states
for $US325 and $US199!

I could lug one along to the next meeting if you want to bring some NCD
software to test them with.

--- Tony

At 22:35 30-08-02 +1200, Richard Hector <rhector at actrix.gen.nz> wrote:
>> If they're like the two I've played with, they need to boot via tftp,
>> and you need the appropriate software to load on the server. If you can
>> get that from where you got the terminals, that makes them a whole lot
>> more useful. Some versions appear to be available if you ask NCD nicely,
>> otherwise they charge you for them, and it's not that cheap.
>
>Actually I've just looked up these models, and they appear to share
>NCDware with the 19r, which is one I had, and still have the file for.
>Don't know what the legality of sharing it is, but they sent it to me
>freely enough when I asked. The terminals must have been licensed to use
>it when new, but I guess it could be an older version, and could have
>been a site licence.
>
>Actually, I could be quite wrong - the _version_ is the same, but it may
>still be a different image. I'll try & remember to make enquiries
>tomorrow.

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/