[wellylug] Lycoris on a P166?

Shroeder shroeder at orcon.net.nz
Thu Dec 5 08:51:21 NZDT 2002

The story is this

My folks currently have a 486 box with no cd-rom, 500Mg HDD (15in screen) and a 26k modem running Win95.

For about $200 I can pick up a P166 96Mg EDO ram, 1.5 gig HDD and a 17in screen and a 34k?? modem

They don't have a disc for the win95 OS (I suspect that someone might have 'gifted' it to them)

My question is twofold:

Would my folks be able to handle lycoris (bear in mind that they can't really handle w95 - if anything happens (anything at all - I get a phone call and we're not in the same city).

Therefore, is lycoris easy to use from a users point of view and would it need almost no maintenance from a system point of view once set up?

and

would lycoris fit onto and run adequately on the P166 box?

Thanks

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/CBxunD/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/