[wellylug] debian mouse problem

james hunt krjimh at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 9 13:58:15 NZST 2002

Hello Bob
I have Potato running on the second partition set on
my 166!
What you want is;
/etc/X11/XF86Config  - yes the caps are there.
go to
Section Pointer
Protocol "PS/2"
Device "/dev/psaux"
and you should be in business.

I got sound to work in Potato simply by running
pnpdump!
I don't know what it did but it works.
BTW I am running Mandrake 7.2 as my working (editing)
system. I plan to re-install Slink sometime to see if
I can get the sound to work with that.
Regards from the Land of the morning calm(even the
Typhoons are fizzers)
Jim Hunt

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Free $5 Love Reading