[wellylug] K12LTSP progress... sort of

Centurion Centurion at paradise.net.nz
Sat Mar 23 13:58:58 NZST 2002

If you want I will bring 2 machines, one is a cyrix 5x86 100MHz and the
other is a
cyrix 6x86 pr200+ (166 MHz ).  I also have a collection of 3c509 (isa) and
ne2000 isa and pci cards.

As far as the etherboot for pcmcia goes, can't you just the build
appropriate pcmcia modules into an etherboot kernel. I am sure it can be
done.

On 2002.03.22 23:31 Carl Klitscher wrote:
> I have rebuilt the K12LTSP server I was using however have struck another
> snag. I was trying to get some stuff going along the diskless workstation
> line as it sounded like a simple thing to do i.e. no individual
> workstation
> installs required etc. The distro supplies floppy based bootrom images
> which cover a number of ethernet cards but... I only have access to
> laptop
> type devices and pcmcia ethernet cards of varying vintages. The challenge
> is that the etherboot code doesn't appear to support pcmcia devices.
>
> If anyone is planning on bringing their system to the next LUG, could I
> ask
> that you let me know what network card you have in it? That way I can
> make
> sure that we at least have a disk ready for it.
>
> Carl
>

>   .-.   Wellington
>   /V\   Linux
>  // \\  Users