[wellylug] Mandrake 9.0 security updates

Don Jones don at gamma.net.nz
Sat Oct 5 08:55:50 NZST 2002

Im trying to add the site vftp.tranzpeer.net ( debian.attica.net.nz ) as my
security update source for mandrake 9.0 and im not too sure how to get
mandrake to accept it. Does anyone know how to do it?

Im using Mandrake Control Center > Software Management > Software Sources Manager

The hdlist is in http://vftp.tranzpeer.net/mandrake/updates/9.0/base/hdlist.cz

Configure sources asks for a URL and the relative path to synthesis/hdlist

I keep getting the message unable to update medium; it will be automatically
disabled. Ive been trying a few different configurations none of which seem to
work - anyone know the exact entries to enter in these 2 boxes? I would prefer
to use this fast local mirror for my security updates rather than one of the
official mirrors.

Thanks

Don Jones

--
"Intellectual Property" : a tool that the dinosaurs use to make sure
there are no mammals in the future. - Lawrence Lessig

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/