[wellylug] Gateways

David McNab david at rebirthing.co.nz
Sat Oct 26 11:40:40 NZDT 2002

On Sat, 2002-10-26 at 09:23, Damon Lynch wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 16:09, Rob Giltrap - Ubiety Group wrote:
>     Encore have compaq pentium 90s with 24Mb ram and one lan card for $70+gst
>
>     I was thinking about buying one myself.
>
> Potentially sounds good for linux terminal services.......
>
> Damon

Another use I can think of for a small cheap box is running a headless
'windows server', delivering the desktop via vnc, for those rare cases
when one needs to run software that's only available on Windows, and
that Wine can't handle.

I'm running VMware on my debian desktop, but for some weird reason, it
sits there for 2 minutes before it starts booting up. And, the presence
of Windows software pollutes my otherwise clean desktop filesystem.

Cheers
David

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/JjlUgA/vN2EAA/kG8FAA/0XFolB/TM