[wellylug] Gateways

Richard Hector rhector at actrix.gen.nz
Sat Oct 26 14:08:20 NZDT 2002

On Sat, 2002-10-26 at 11:40, David McNab wrote:

> Another use I can think of for a small cheap box is running a headless
> 'windows server', delivering the desktop via vnc, for those rare cases
> when one needs to run software that's only available on Windows, and
> that Wine can't handle.

Remembering that the licence, at least for XP, requires you to have a
Windows (XP) licence for the machine you're displaying on as well.
Sounds like a lot of dosh for something you only rarely use.

Richard

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/JjlUgA/vN2EAA/kG8FAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/