[wellylug] Help! - Favour needed

Damon Lynch damon at dev-zone.org
Tue Sep 3 10:19:30 NZST 2002

On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 07:46, Centurion Computer Technology Limited
wrote:

    That sounds about right, in fact a little scary that that much info
    about my web browser and machine hardware is available.  Can you
    find
    out what OS/distro I am running as well?

Hi Daniel,

Yes it is right because Paradise fixed their transparent proxy caching
after I pointed out the problem.  They got onto it fairly promptly when
someone was assigned to fix it, which is good to know.

It is often not possible to figure out the distro, unless it is in the
HTTP headers.  Almost all the time it is not.  But you can detect which
version of windoze, which is almost always there.

If you want to see just what can be detected, check out this site:

http://www.cyscape.com/

The code behind it is not OSS by any means, but it does give an idea of
what is possible!  Which is a lot!  Do take a look.

Damon

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/