[wellylug] Random Mandrake 9.1 review

Rob Giltrap rob at ubietygroup.com
Mon Apr 7 18:02:12 NZST 2003

And I have just gone from RedHat8 to RedHat9. From a Gnome desktop
perspective it ain't so hot :-(

If you do want to go to RH9 do a clean install rather than an upgrade as
the carry over of user settings from RH8 gives a bad look.

I would like to compare RH9 & MDK9.1 at the next WellyLUG. so I'll show
you mine if you show me yours!

Cheers, Rob.

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 17:49, Jonathan Harker wrote:
> Well, I've just done the upgrade from 9 to 9.1, and I'm sold!
>
> Each time Mandrake bring out a new release, they improve it in leaps and
> bounds... This 9.1 release is no exception.
>
> I especially like the new KDE icons and windowing theme, and for the
> first time, a functional, working Gnome desktop... Hurrah!
>
> Cheers,
> Jon
>

>   .-.   Wellington
>   /V\   Linux