[wellylug] Tools

Zag0r zag0r at paradise.net.nz
Sun Apr 27 14:50:09 NZST 2003

do you want to use the same box as a firewall?
or do you have a seperate machine for that.

apache canbe setup to listen only on a specific ip (ie. your interface
on the internal network)

letting users stop the downloads - that's very easily done with PHP.

as far as the traffic thing goes, you'd need to create (or access a
pre-existing, which I'm pretty sure exists) variable with a
time-stamp of the last time a packet was masq'ed.
have a small script that checks whether 30mins have passed since the
time-stamp, and if so kick in the download.
schedule the script to run every n minutes with at/cron (i forget
which does what)

Quoting Cameron Hart [cameron.hart at paradise.net.nz] received 8:54 AM Sunday, April 27, 2003