[wellylug] Tools

Zag0r zag0r at paradise.net.nz
Mon Apr 28 11:44:46 NZST 2003

setup your firewall to log masq'd packets, then grep the the log files
for said packets time-stamp.

word i heard was netstat (-rnm?) might do what you want in regards to
checking for traffic over 500K.
thinkin about it though, a more efficient way might be to ignore all
packets with a dest/src ICQ or MSN port when you're checking the
time-stamp of the last masq'd packet. you can then modify that
function to ignore additional stuff (pop3/smtp perhaps) very easily.

check out the php manual, the online version with user comments is *very* infomative & useful.
specifically this page is what you'll be after: http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.operators.execution.php

Quoting Cameron Hart [cameron.hart at paradise.net.nz] received 4:29 AM Monday, April 28, 2003