[wellylug] was X now Mandrake

Persian persian13 at ihug.co.nz
Wed Aug 6 23:47:20 NZST 2003

Hi Damon

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 09:22:12PM +1200, Damon Lynch wrote:
> Yes, with Mandrake you can:
>
>      1. Share you internet connection, whether it be ADSL or modem
>      2. (XP can do this as well)
>      3. have a firewall set up ready to go should you want it, which you
>         will with ADSL
>      4. easily update your programs for bug fixes and updates using
>         MandrakeUpdate
>      5. keep all your old data, e.g jpegs, mail
>      6. use GUI and command line programs
>      7. network with XP - share files, printers, etc.
>      8. get paid support from Mandrake if you want (and it sounds like
>         you do want this)
>      9. buy a boxed version
>     10. buy a good printed manual
>     11. find people to help you install it

thanks very much for this info - it's great!

Will you still show me this stuff at your place as you mentioned before?

Are you able to install Mandrake for me? Do you know where to buy
it in Wgtn?

I am most interested in it if it does all this and I can keep my
old stuff as well.

thanks again

Persian