[wellylug] sendmail problems

Rob mowgli at clear.net.nz
Sun Aug 24 12:34:32 NZST 2003

Persian,

>From a vanilla /etc/mail/sendmail.mc under RH9 I made the following
modifications to get external mail masquerading working. I just redid
this now and it worked for me.

Change	dnl define(`SMART_HOST',`smtp.your.provider')
To	define(`SMART_HOST',`smtp.clear.net.nz')

Change	dnl MASQUERADE_AS(`mydomain.com')dnl
To	MASQUERADE_AS(`clear.net.nz')dnl

Change	dnl FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
To	FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl

Change	dnl FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)dnl
To	FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)dnl

Change	dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost)dnl
To	MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost)dnl

Change	dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost.localdomain)dnl
To	MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost.localdomain)dnl

Then do a

# make -C /etc/mail

and

# /sbin/service sendmail restart

Hope this helps out some. Email me direct if you need a vanilla copy of
sendmail.mc otherwise extract it from the sendmail rpm.
--
Rob Stockley
Manawatu

An avid user of Linux