[wellylug] Wanted: Palmtop/handheld recommendations

Robin Hinde rjhinde at nzpcaws.computers.org.nz
Mon Aug 25 23:33:08 NZST 2003

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 21:51, Jamie Dobbs wrote:
> Wow! Thanks for all of the information, I can't seem to find the emulator
> software that you gave the link to so may have to fire up Google tomorrow
> and see what I can find as it will be a good way to work out if a Palm is
> the right thing for me.

It should still be available at

http://www.palmos.com/dev/tools/emulator/

and I see there are links to the skins there as well. The only thing missing
is the roms, and they were quite hard to find using google. Once you find
one, you can search on the filename and you'll pick up a few more.

I use the Windows version of the emulator, there are lots of dependencies for
the Linux one, it is a hassle to install. Apparently the development tools
work better under Linux, though, so if you are going to look at development
it may be worth the trouble. If you just want a look, and to try installing
some software, I'd try the WIndows one first.

Palm is a whole new world to explore, with the bonus that it only takes a few
seconds to download an application.

cheers

  -=rjh=-