[wellylug] Magnetic tape question

Lindsay Hunter klhunter at paradise.net.nz
Sun Dec 21 04:24:50 NZDT 2003

Have you tried the bulk eraser used in doing 1/4 inch audio tape?  The
worked on 7" reels by rotating the reels with the eroaser running.  It
was just a 50 cycle ac field that redistributed the magnetism.  I may
have one here.  Long time since I needed to use it.  Do you have a
checking method?  I am trying to recall the dimensions of the tapes you
are processing.

On the other hand, other magnetic media is erased by deleting and
rewriting on the tape.  Is that not practicalble?

Lindsay