[wellylug] Mandrake 9.0

Ilia Pavlenko ip at globe.net.nz
Thu Feb 20 22:04:03 NZDT 2003

Hi Rose

Open a console window (either "terminal" in one of menus, or just press
"ctrl+alt+F1" to get to text console, login as root)

type command:
useradd -g users -d /home/rose -s /bin/bash -m -k /etc/skel/ rose

this will create user "rose"

then use command "passwd rose", to set her password.

then you should be able to log in as rose.

Have a lot of fun :)

Ilia

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Rose McGillicuddy wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> A friend has installed Mandrake 9.0 onto my computer.   I was not there when he did this and the only account is the "root" or administrator one.  I have had a breif search of the menus to set up a user account but no luck.  I am reluctant to fiddle about as root in case i accidentally mess something up.  Can someone please tell me how to add a user in Mandrake.
> Many thanks
> Rose

>   .-.   Wellington
>   /V\   Linux