[wellylug] Re: e2fsck problems

teejay1203 <teejay1203@hotmail.com> teejay1203 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 23 22:37:36 NZDT 2003

Damon

Thanks for your help... I actually _forgot_ that in linux sometimes
you have to _mount_ a floppy before you can copy files to it.

Consequently, I was able to get the files, which are due for a board
meeting tomorrow night :)

Sorry to be a pain in the neck about it.. still learning all this
stuff...

Tim
--- In wellylug at yahoogroups.com, Damon Lynch <damon at d...> wrote:
> It's easy to find out about your partitions :-)  please paste a
copy of
> the contents of /etc/fstab, if that is not too hard (can you boot
into a
> GUI?).  Basically if you see a separate line for /home, you're set.
>
> e.g. an excerpt from my one is:
>
> /dev/hda7 /home ext3 defaults 1 2
>
> this means /home is in it's own partition on the 1st hard drive.
>
> If you don't see something like this, let us know. We'll advise
from
> there.
>
> Damon

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!