[wellylug] Re: Pegasos PPC

fmannl <fp@prowse.co.nz> fp at prowse.co.nz
Mon Feb 24 09:39:39 NZDT 2003

Have been in contact with the makers of the Pegasos PPC motherboard
and they have extended an offer to User groups for the Pegasos-1
motherboard with CPU.

We are able to purchase these for $299USD for the Motherboard and
600Mhz G3 CPU, plus any additional Shipping and local taxes (GST etc,
however I managed to get mine through without any GST charges)
However over the past week Genesi decided to improve the design of
the motherboard so the current production run of 300 boards will be
available for developers and user groups - once these are gone there
will be no more production of this revision. Seems they have some
large projects underway for Set Top Boxes based on this motherboard
and need to improve the design.

The next model of board being developed will move away from their
current Northbridge chip from MAI. The design of the next board is
targeted for September and will be Dual G4 based and support more
enhanced features such as Gigabit Ethernet and DDR ram. Current
owners of the Pegasos-1 motherboard are entitled to an upgrade to
this more enhanced board for 200 Euros when available. This is stated
by the manufacturer and you'll have to take their word for it,
although they have been true to their word so far.

Once again, I'm not financially tied to this in anyway or represent
the company selling these boards....just making the offer available
should anyone within your group be interested. Please let me know if
there is anyone you know of that would be keen to pursue this offer.

However - I'll be at the meeting in March (unless work drags me away,
out of town) And based on the other small form factor machines that
will be present it should make for an interesting evening :)

Cheers

Francois

--- In wellylug at yahoogroups.com, "Jamie Dobbs" <jamie.dobbs at p...>
wrote:
> We would certainly welcome a look at this. I'm still in the midst
of confirming what we are doing at our March meeting, but if you'd
like to bring it along for people to look at that would be fine.
Personally I'd love a 'silent' PC to use for a web/PHP/email/FTP box.

> You will note from our website http://wlug.paradise.net.nz that we
now have a new venue for meetings.

> Cheers
>
> Jamie