[wellylug] File's resource

Jonathan Harker jharker at massey.ac.nz
Tue Feb 25 23:08:24 NZDT 2003

On Tuesday 25 Feb 2003 9:28 am, Edouard Chalaron wrote:
> Hi all
>
> just burnt a CD for a MAc and got this message back (from the Mac)
>
> "File's resource map is incorrect".
>
> ????
> what is going wrong ?
>
> Thanks
> Edouard

There's a whole load of stuff about the Mac HFS format in

man mkisofs

When I made some Mac discs, I had to use mkisofs from the command line, then a
gui tool to burn the iso to the disc. The gui tools don't seem to have the
necessary options. Specifically, you need to make sure the filenames and
filetype tags are mapped correctly, and the filenames have to be less than 31
characters long (I got wierdness with longer names)

--
Jonathan Harker
MUSAC

Q:	What looks like a cat, flies like a bat, brays like a donkey, and
	plays like a monkey?
A:	Nothing.

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/FpY02D/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/0XFolB/TM