[wellylug] SSH Tunnels

Andrew Thompson andy at fud.org.nz
Fri Jan 10 14:52:09 NZDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 14:44, Jamie Dobbs wrote:
> If I can get our Telecom router pinholed so that I can SSH into a Linux box
> on our LAN at work can I then somehow run a VNC session to another PC on our
> LAN through that SSH connection?
> Can anyone point me at any good HOWTOs on it or even better given me some
> step by step instructions and I've never really played with SSH before.

I am assuming you are connecting from linux, but putty is done in a
similar way.

just type

ssh -L 5800:theotherpc:5800 you at your.work.com

and then vnc to localhost.  port 5800 is from memory, you may want to
check.

Andy

Turn flat surfaces into speakers with the Soundbug.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWAVSC/onCFAA/xGHJAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/