[wellylug] MandrakeSoft mulls Chapter 11 style escape, says email

Rob Giltrap rob at ubietygroup.com
Wed Jan 15 21:24:32 NZDT 2003

I looked at the Mandrake books some time ago and what I saw was a
sustainable company hampered by massive debts. This was largely due to
decisions of the previous management wasting massive amounts of money.
There is also risk over use of the Mandrake name that is still not fully
resolved.

Chapter 11 type proceedings are the only way that Mandrake can
sufficiently reduce debt to become viable. Alternatively they will
become insolvent which may actually be even better as the Mandrake model
can then be relaunched by the same staff and a new VC.

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 09:09, bob dugan wrote:
> If chapter 11 proceedings would save Mandrake, then it's a good thing.
>
> bob dugan
>
> On Wednesday 15 January 2003 11:21, Jamie Dobbs wrote:
> >   Ouch! Lets hope this isn't for real.
> >
> >  http://212.100.234.54/content/4/28859.html
> >  <<The Register.url>>

Flexible Keyboard is the ideal accessory for PDA users that are on the move.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dCBVZC/WnCFAA/sXBHAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/