[wellylug] Dual Boot WinXP/Mandrake Linux

Jonathan Harker jharker at massey.ac.nz
Thu Jan 16 10:44:24 NZDT 2003

On Thursday 16 Jan 2003 9:28 am, "teejay1203 wrote:
> I know with Win98 I can do a dual boot Win/Linux. Does anyone know if
> this is possible with Win XP and MDK Linux either:
>
> a) on the same disk (using a partition)
> b) on say hdb/hdc when hda is XP?
>
> Unfortunately at the moment I have to use both OSes - one for work,
> one for learning.
>
> Thanks!

No problem either way - install XP first, then Mandrake will install its lilo
(or grub) boot loader and pick up your Windows. If you install Mandrake
first, XP will overwrite the lilo loader and you'll lose access to your Linux
(unless you fiddle about with a boot floppy, but you're learning, so make it
easy for yourself!)

:-) Jon

--
Jonathan Harker
MUSAC

"Hah, I can just see a real playsmith putting *donkeys* in a play!"
(Lords and Ladies)

Turn flat surfaces into speakers with the Soundbug.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWAVSC/onCFAA/xGHJAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/