[wellylug] Freetype path...

Jonathan Harker jharker at massey.ac.nz
Fri Jan 17 09:00:35 NZDT 2003

On Thursday 16 Jan 2003 2:09 pm, Edouard Chalaron wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am strugling with a piece of soft.he install of the does not find the
> installed freetype fonts (needed), e.g. it compiles and install but it
> seems that a path is wrong.
>
> > Size 14 [14]{-adobe-times-medium-r-normal-}
> > FDir /home/edouard/.kde/share/fonts
> > FDir unix/:-1
> > Error: Font file not found
> > Error New Face FT
>
> Iasked the author who replied:
>
> "That's because you are using a font server. You have to hardcode line
> ft_titler.cc:242 with the actual path of the TT fonts directory."

The line you want to change is most probably the one that reads

static char *fontpath = FONTPATH;

try changing it to

static char *fontpath = "/home/edouard/.kde/share/fonts";

or wherever your fonts are, and see what happens. This is a really awful
kludge by the way, and you shouldn't have to do it. What if you shift your
fonts to /usr/lib/X11/fonts? You have to recompile. Ugh...

<rant>
I don't mean to start a programming Jihad, but darn it if it annoys me when
people think they're writing C++ code by writing classes, but they're still
poncing around with char*, substr, strcpy, printf, scanf etc. and writing
god-awful loops all over the place to manipulate strings. Just look at the
unnecessary complexity of it, not to mention magic numbers and terrible
variable names all over the place...! UGH!
</rant>

Cheers,
Jon.

--
Jonathan Harker
MUSAC

The only time a dog gets complimented is when he doesn't do anything.
    - C. Schulz

Turn flat surfaces into speakers with the Soundbug.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWAVSC/onCFAA/xGHJAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/