[wellylug] Decent web hosting?

David McNab david at rebirthing.co.nz
Wed Jan 29 19:15:55 NZDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 13:36, Jonathan Harker wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> does anyone know of any decent outfits in NZ that are run by people who know
> what they're doing? Specifically, I'm after a place that can provide PHP,
> perl, PostgreSQL and Java servlets, but doesn't assume you're a multinational
> and charge the earth.

You could be waiting a long time, Jon.

Until Telecom's backbone and international I/O monopoly gets broken, profit
margins for local web hosts will remain so low that they'll either have to
keep their prices high or offer only the barest amount of features that
need minimum support.

David

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/