[wellylug] Dual Video cards with X

Damon Lynch damon at dev-zone.org
Mon Mar 3 16:01:07 NZDT 2003

I know it is definitely possible to have multiple monitors connected to
multiple adapters of the same type. I once saw four monitors hooked up
to four different Geforces on one machine in Manila some years ago.  It
was an enormous virtual screen.  Why would someone like that?  I don't
know!

Damon

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 15:46, William Hamilton wrote:
> HI all..  looking to run Dual monitors via two video cards, anyone have
> some pointers to some decent docs?  The Docs I have found relate to the
> dual head cards but should still be useful.    Debian distrib' running
> Gnome 2 desktop, interested in checking out desktop across two screens
> and also different servers on each screen allowing me to have a couple
> of different logged in users in the same system, I do this now but onl
> one screen ;)

>   .-.   Wellington
>   /V\   Linux
>  // \\  Users
> /(   )\ Group
>  ^^-^^
>         http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/

Damon Lynch <damon at dev-zone.org>

New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/