[wellylug] Great Linux FUD

Martin Baehr mbaehr at email.archlab.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Mar 5 11:12:14 NZDT 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 11:05:45AM +1300, Klenner, Colin wrote:
> Here is the artical that I recieved about Linux . I have not modified it in
> any way so you take from it what you will.

the subject is right.
someone from the linuxtag organizers asked sco about this and the answer
sums up to:

sco is actually after those people using original sco libraries to be
able to run on linux programs that were compiled for sco.

this whole thing is a non-issue for the normal linux users,
and the others who do use these libraries will either replace their
software with real linux implementations or gladly pay, because
previously it was simply not possible to run such binaries on linux
without violating cso copyright, because sco did not sell such a
license.

so, nothing to see here, move along.
(i don't have a link to the original mails, but they are in german
anyways)

greetings, martin.
--
interested in doing pike programming, sTeam/caudium/pike/roxen training,
sTeam/caudium/roxen and/or unix system administration anywhere in the world.

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/LIgTpC/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/0XFolB/TM

        http://wlug.paradise.net.nz/