[wellylug] WLUG Logo

Tony Wills ajwills at paradise.net.nz
Mon Mar 17 17:52:31 NZST 2003

Hummphh!  :-)

I thought there might be a wee problem with using the wind turbine as it's
not exactly awe inspiring and so non-Wellingtonians probably don't even
know we've got one, but I didn't think it'd take anyone who lives in the
Wellington area more than 0.5 seconds to recognise THE wind turbine (After
all it can be seen from just about everywhere around Wellington).  Of
course a stylised version rather than a cut and paste photo would work better.

And it has that wind theme that someone suggested ... (and someone else
blew off) ...

I suspect that the beehive is the only real nationally recognised symbol of
Wellington.  Other themes like harbour, hills, great weather, apply to many
places.

--- Tony

At 16:11 17/03/03 +1200, you wrote:
>Hey Tony,
>
>Oh - I think I get it now - it's a wind turbine, isn't it?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jeremy Naylor.

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xaxhjB/hdqFAA/xGHJAA/0XFolB/TM