[wellylug] vector

vincent cox vinnie1 at paradise.net.nz
Sat May 3 11:22:02 NZST 2003

Rose McGillicuddy wrote:

>On Friday 02 May 2003 17:08, vincent cox wrote:
>

>>Rose McGillicuddy wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Possibly not a good time to ask this with installfest on ... but
>>>in my perusals of the linux groups on the net, vector has been mentioned
>>>as a small, user friendly (for newbs)  desktop environment.  Since that
>>>is all I need,  I wondered if anyone else had looked at it?  And had
>>>ideas/opinions about it.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>Rose
>>>

>>A good distro for old computers.  I had it running on a old  Pentium
>>133.  Went quite well.
>>It's based on Slackware with a few GUI config tools added to make life a
>>bit easier.
>>
>>cheers
>>

>I am going to try lycoris as have a spare 2 gig (or so) hard drive.  Still
>interested in vector because my system older.  Do you have CDs and could we
>do a deal?  :-)
>
>Cheers
>Rose
>

>>vince

Hi

I have 2 cd's.  Vectors comes out in 2 flavours,
1. Vector 3.2 - this is the one for old comp's
2. Vector 3.2 SOHO this is for a more powerfull computer, I think it
defaults to the KDE desktop.

I can bring them to the next LUG meeting, or if you want me to mail them
to you I can do that.  Just need the money for postage and the cd's.

cheers

vince