[wellylug] Mail processing

michael at diaspora.gen.nz michael at diaspora.gen.nz
Tue May 6 15:41:57 NZST 2003

"Jamie Dobbs" writes:
>An agent that will save each message to a unique file is exactly what I
>want. I can probably get around the file naming issue (as I don't reallyc
>are waht they are called, just that I can find them).
>I'm currently looking at doing this on a Mandrake 9.1 box (as thats what I
>have here at work to do it on), so now all I need to do is find an MDA that
>does what I need ... does anyone have any ideas?

procmail?  Something like the following procmailrc should work:

    :0
    inbound_email/.

And will put things into the directory $HOME/inbound_email/ by default.
You'll need to set up an SMTP service for fetchmail to deliver to --
sendmail or postfix should come configured out-of-the-box, though.

The MH store-to-file program is called "rcvstore".
    -- michael.