[wellylug] Mail processing

Don Jones don.jones at linuxmail.org
Tue May 6 19:22:24 NZST 2003

> The area I am having problems with is getting each email saved into a file
> as it is downloaded from the mail server. I have spent most of the day
> trying to get Procmail to accomplish this but have not had any success.
> Can someone give me a few pointers? The code I have attempted to use in my
> .procmailrc is listed below but for some reason it does not want to work:

If you are using mailboxes in mbox format and you wish to split the large file into individual files, there is a utility called formail which does the job. Syntax is a bit difficult - man formail.

Don Jones

The only features being added to Internet Explorer now are features that allow Microsoft greater remote control of your network and computers.
<Andrew Grygus>