[wellylug] Website "ripping"

Ewen McNeill ewen at naos.co.nz
Sat May 10 21:07:56 NZST 2003

In message <1052557479.2937.5.camel at Planet_Irk>, Jamie Dobbs writes:
>Can anyone tell me some tools that I could use to 'rip' an entire
>website to local disk?

wget -m

You'll probably want to read the man page for wget(1) before you try it
though, as you may need to limit just how deep it recurses, whether to
pick up "off site" links, etc.  (Some sites link, eg, images off another
asociated server which you may want to grab.  But you won't want to grab
every off server link as that rapidly leads to downloading the whole
Internet!)

Ewen