[wellylug] Relocating to Christchurch [Off Topic]

Jamie Dobbs jamie.dobbs at orcon.net.nz
Thu Nov 13 14:00:12 NZDT 2003

Sorry for the off-topic post but life necessitates a move from Wellington in the very near future and hopefully someone on this list can help us or put us on to someone else who can...

My wife and I want to relocate to Christchurch early to mid next year. To enable this to happen we obviously would be keen to have jobs to go to so I'd appreciate it if anyone on the list who knows of any technology companies looking for staff could let me know.

My skill summary is:

Linux
Windows (all versions excl. 2003)
Microsoft apps
Network design/build/admin
Hardware engineer
Programming (BASIC, Pascal, Perl, BASH Shell scripting)

I am an excellent learner and would excel in any role that gives me the ability to build on my existing skills and develop new ones. I am more than willing to put in the extra hours to develop my skillset for the right employer who can recognize the 'glimmer in my eyes' when I am confronted by a new challenge.

My Wife's skill summary:

Customer service
Accounts
Office administration

She is also a very quick and keen learner.

Thanks to any and all who can give us any leads, we'd really appreciate them!

- Jamie -