[wellylug] I have a Mobo+CPU+ RAM, and a case to give away

Tony Booth Tony.Booth at treasury.govt.nz
Sun Nov 16 14:46:55 NZDT 2003

Hi all

Apologies in advance for the slightly off-topic e-mail.

I have a slightly malfunctioning motherboard, and case with power
supply, to give away.

I was using them to run a Linux setup, but managed to stuff something up
when I tried to fit a PS2 port to a header on the board.

The computer was still booting into Linux before I took out the hard
drive etc., but I couldn't use the keyboard or mouse.  A couple of
people who know much more than me about electronics advised that a fuse
may have blown, and that replacing it could fix the board.  This
apparently happens quite commonly.  I have located a fuse next to the
keyboard connector, but I don't have the inclination or ability to fix
it (cost for component: about $1!).

Anyway, here are the details:

Case + PSU.  Probably AT, definitely not ATX.  IDE/Floppy cables and
internal power connectors all included.
ASUS Mobo (I have the PDF manual somewhere) + SIMM RAM + approx. 200MhZ
Pentium Pro.  Mobo has AT keyboard connector (I will chuck in a PS2
adaptor), serial mouse port, parallel port.

Flick me an e-mail off list if you want it.  It's a nice machine apart
from the Mobo fault.

Cheers
Tony