[wellylug] SD Card Reader via USB

Vincent Cox vinnie1 at paradise.net.nz
Thu Oct 16 19:09:04 NZDT 2003

lug wrote:

>Hi,
>
>So, silly me decides to buy a digital camera that doesn't like linux.'lo
>and behold the camera uses secure digital card (SD)
>
>Next step, get a SD card reader that does talk to linux (debian, 2.4.20)
>
>I've been looking at what's at:
>http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/3f8d174202ab41b8273fc0a87f9906e6/Product/View/XG1328
>http://www1.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=XC4850&CATID=&keywords=usb+card+reader&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=xxxxxxxxxx&Keyword2=xxxxxxxxxx&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=
>and was wondering if anyone had tried this before.
>
>Anyone been there done that who can recommend a solution?
>
>jamie

Hi there

These cards are read using the usb mass-storage module.

just make the relevant entry in /etc/fstab and away you go.  I can read
the cards straight from my camera so I didn't bother buying the card reader.

Have a look at http://www.harald-schreiber.de/

or do a google search  for your particular camera.

vince