[wellylug] How to discover a systems hardware list ?

Andrej Ricnik andrej at paradise.net.nz
Wed Oct 22 10:22:21 NZDT 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:33, Nigel Walters wrote:
>  Hi,

>  Can anyone recommend which program (under linux and/or
> windows) will examine a computer and give a detailed list of
> the hardware components. Preferably this program could run off
> a boot disk.
Depends on how detailed you need it :)

http://ezix.sourceforge.net/software/lshw.html would probably do
what you want (in Linux). I don't know though which CD-based
distro comes with it by default.

For windows (brrrr, I said the bad word) you could use
http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php or it's predecessor ASMDemo
for a DOS boot-disk ;) ... ASMDemo hasn't been maintained for
a while though, and probably won't do to well with modern
hardware.

>  Thanks
>  Nigel
Cheers,