[wellylug] New Hardware

Klenner, Colin colin.klenner at eds.com
Mon Sep 8 08:20:02 NZST 2003

I use an HP Officejet 1150c - a bit old now but still a
printer/scanner/photocopier.

With Mandrake I have had no problems both scanning and printing. Mandrake
9.1 seems to want me to re-attach the printer every time I boot up which is
a bug I haven't resolved as earlier versions did not have this problem.
Plenty of colour and gray-scale options as found in Windows.
Scanning is about the same but with the extra tools provided for picture
editing the overall use is better. However there is nothing round for OCR,
is there? This would be really handy for me and one of the things I miss the
most.

Colin