[wellylug] Laptop recommendations

Ewen McNeill wellylug at ewen.mcneill.gen.nz
Thu Sep 11 09:12:15 NZST 2003

In message <1063226750.2705.6.camel at genesis>, Centurion Computer Technology Ltd
writes:
>On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 07:58, Centurion Computer Technology Ltd wrote:
>> I can supply a range of Laptops without the bundled Windows OS, and one
>> of the models has a 'ge Force 4Go' video chipset [....]
>I forgot to mention 2.5 hr batery life, which I have tested to be
>accurate under RH9 and that is without any Power Management.
>As a sweetener: [...]

I for one will be somewhat concerned if this mailing list turns from a
usergroup help list into a marketing list, and may have to review Naos's
willingness to host it.

"Go talk to supplier X" (even if supplier X happens to be someone the
user works for) is not too unreasonable providing it doesn't happen all
the time.  Full marketing details for a product with "sweeteners" and
the like crosses the line into marketing IMHO.

I'd be interested to hear what other members think.

Ewen