[wellylug] 3c509 NIC misery

Tony Booth Tony.Booth at treasury.govt.nz
Tue Sep 16 09:18:35 NZST 2003

These cards have a feature which enables ISA-PNP.

I found that the only way to turn it off was to run a Dos configuration
utility (probably 3com's -- it's around on the web somewhere -- I had to
make a bootdisk in Windows and copy the relevant configuration files
onto it).

Once you have taken the card out of ISA-PNP mode, Becker's routines
should work (no guarantees, but it worked for me).

It took me about two days to get the damn NICs working.

Cheers
Tony