[wellylug] Installfest

Colin Iles colin at top.net.nz
Mon Apr 5 07:00:26 NZST 2004

Hi folks

I see installation of Mandrake 9.2 is included as a likely subject for the
instalfest.  What about 10?

I know that it is still in beta stage but after messing up my installation
of 9.2, I decided to try 10 as I had to do a new full install anyway.  This
seemed to go fine, however I think I have encountered a bug - but it is so
obvious that I am surprised: I cannot play music CDs.  Both KDs and XMMS
show that the contents of the CD and indicate that it is playing.  Although
default sound was set to 60% and I have increased this to 100% - still nada.

I have learnt from the Internet that many people are having the same
problem.  (Worked fine in 9.1!)

Any suggestions other than a bug report to Mandrake would be appreciated

My thanks for those good people who did their best to get my system up and
running again at the last meeting

Bugger, I slept through the Earthquake!  Good to see that we don't get
flamed for being flippant on this newsgroup

Colin