[wellylug] Linux Job Opportunity

Jason Grindlay aileronnoir at paradise.net.nz
Wed Apr 7 12:00:19 NZST 2004

Hi, I’ve not posted on the mailing list before but some of you may have seen me
around the old message boards. I’m about to leave my current job in 3 weeks for
a position I’ve found in America and I’m trying to find a replacement for
myself. So this would be a great chance for anybody that would like to work
using their Linux skills for a career.

What would be needed is somebody that can do basic windows support and network
administration. (Configure workstations to connect to server and setup email)
Good knowledge of building and setting up and maintaining Linux servers.
(Debian
based, exim, samba, tomcat4, cyrus imapd are some of the main daemons you’ll
have to administer) Knowledge of shell scripting and a reasonable
understanding of programming. (Simple shell scripts to edit text files and
being able to modify jsp pages with an xml backend) Knowledge of computer
security (iptables, ssh, applying patches and monitoring for security issues)

Please send CV’s as well as any questions to jasong at sslnz.com

Regards
Jason Grindlay