[wellylug] Ruminations

Jamie Dobbs jamie.dobbs at orcon.net.nz
Wed Apr 14 11:57:13 NZST 2004

> As I seem to recall mentioning, the mirrors have been unstable recently
> due to a major change in the mirror layout.  They are coming right now.
> Furthermore, the "community" release of 10.0 get its updates from
> devel-stable.  This is different from before.

The fact still remains that its rediculous to release something then
remove all methods of updating it.
I may try Mandrake 10 again once the real 'official' release comes out
(and I have some spare hardware to run it on), as I assume that then they
might get their shit together and actually have an updates/contrib server
setup that actually works.
And as for the "community" release gettings its updates from devel-stable
that means nothing to me, as a user all I want to know is where/how I can
get updates not be left in the lurch and not have any idea how to get any
required updates.
I still maintain that Mandrake 10.0 reeks of a product far from ready for
market, even if that market is a bunch of geeks (which is not how it
should be anyway).