[wellylug] Rules and things,

Chris Hodgetts chris at archnetnz.com
Fri Apr 16 09:30:58 NZST 2004

Is this really necessary?

OK, the No advertising one has been placed upon us by the host of the
service, and that is fine, it's his gear, his service.. no problem
there.

But to censor the lug is going a bit far... isn't that the whole point
of Linux and Open source - it's not a dictatorship?

I am not going to apologies for my question on Software Patents, as I
believe it is a valid question for the Linux community as a whole, and
thus involves users.

The better thing to do, is if you don't agree to the post don't respond
- it will die out, like all posts do.

We are all adults here, just use common sense.. Most (If not all) people
on the list will put a subject correctly pertaining to the body of the
e-mail, all e-mail clients show the subject line - if it doesn't look
like something you can help / care about - as Strong Bad always says --
DELETED!

The Lug like Linux is not a dictatorship and should never become one..

It's not hard to ignore an e-mail (Most will probably ignore this one).
But the whole "formalization" / "Elected Dictatorship" is rearing it's
ugly head again - and lets face it the whole "anyone can join the org
list and have their say" thing - is going well.